- All individuals entering must be at least 18 years of age to accept cash prizes.
- Those entering the Student, Artists Under 30, or Artists Over 65 categories must verify age (and in the Student category, school attendance) if selected as an award winner.
- Each entry must be accompanied by an entry fee.
- The fee for the first image submitted is $35, and additional images submitted are $13 each (U.S. dollars).
- All entry fees must be paid by the entry deadline.
- There is no limit to the number of images you can enter in each bi-monthly competition, and images can be re-entered in subsequent competitions as many times as you wish.
- Images can be entered in multiple categories as long as they meet the category criteria. Please note that if you enter the same image in multiple categories, that image can only be selected as a winner of one category.
- When first entering the PleinAir Salon, you’ll be asked to create a profile. If you do not have an artist account on OnlineJuriedShows.com, click here. This takes just a few minutes, and then you can upload quality images of your paintings and select the categories you wish to enter.
- Competition is open to residents of any state or country where acceptable by law.
- Grand Prize winners are not eligible to win the Grand Prize within 12 months of winning.
- PleinAir magazine reserves the right to reject or not display any image that it feels is inappropriate or distasteful or if the image’s resolution quality is poor.
- All images must have the signature of the artist.
- Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include the artwork only. Be sure your images are right-side- up. For best results, make sure your image is 1920 pixels at 72 dpi on the longest side. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found here. If you are unable to enter your images or need help, please e-mail [email protected] or call 949.287.8645.
- After the close of each bi-monthly competition, an invited guest judge (top museum or gallery professional or master artist) selects the best paintings from each category. The winners will be notified and official announcements and promotion will begin approximately two weeks after the close of each contest. More details…
- In the event a judge, who has been promoted, is unable to judge for any reason, an alternative judge will be appointed. If one cannot be found, judging will take place by an editor or publisher of either Fine Art Connoisseur or PleinAir magazine.
By entering the PleinAir Salon, you agree that you are submitting images of your own original artwork and not that of other artists or material in which you do not hold the copyright. The original work does not have to currently be in your possession. You are also agreeing, in advance, to have your submitted artwork published to any print or digital/electronic property of Streamline Publishing, Inc. This includes, but is not limited to, print and digital magazines, newsletters, websites, e-mails, social media pages, and promotional materials in perpetuity.
At times, Streamline Publishing, Inc. may request a higher resolution image than was submitted through the PleinAir Salon. When entering, you agree to fulfill this request in a timely manner in order for Streamline Publishing, Inc. to promote the contest winners.
Each bi-monthly contest ends at midnight Pacific Time on the published final day of that contest.
Only electronic submissions through the contest’s official website will be accepted. Entries received by mail or physical delivery in the form of photographs, discs, or actual paintings will not be accepted.